Powered by Blogger.

Animal Lovers Show off their Pets in this Year’s Pet-sonality

By: Ana Katrina Pagkalinawan

The Search for the Ideal Thomasian Nursing Pet-sonality 2011 kicked-off the University of Santo Tomas College of Nursing’s (UST CON) 65th year celebrations last February 14 in the Dean’s Garden.

The program, hosted by Michelle Lim (II-6) and Khayla Ignacio (II-5) featured eight pets competing for this year’s crown. These four-legged contenders pulled off adorable tricks which left the spectators in awe.

Winners were announced in the Medicine Auditorium right after the Nursing Idol. Shamu, a Chihuahua owned by Marivi Grace Mercado (IV-7) emerged as the winner of this year’s Petsonality while Martin Bondoc’s (II-2) Truffles, also a Chihuahua was declared the Petshionitsa.

“I really did not expect Shamu, my pet Chihuahua, to win. In fact, she does not have any special talent that I know [of]. She just eats, sleeps, plays with mojo or her bone most of the time and that’s it. I just joined the contest for fun. Being a pet lover or “mother” to my dogs, I just want to see what they are like on stage, nothing more. Nevertheless, I’m happy that Shamu won and I feel like a proud parent,” exclaimed Ms. Mercado after her win.

UST CON Faculty members Mr. Rene Tadle and Dr. Rodolfo Angeles also participated in the contest with their very own beagles in tow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP